I recently came across an amazing quote that I found to be so true. “A writer is a world trapped in a person.” – Victor Hugo. This quote really spoke to me, it describes me as a blogger. This side of me, my writing side, goes very deep and is often a side of me solely expressed through writing.
I have loved writing since I was very young. I sometimes had trouble coming up with what to write about in school, but once I came up with a certain topic and got started, there was no stopping me! I loved the feeling of putting pen to paper and just letting my thoughts flow. I was in my element and felt so free. I still feel the very same today, maybe even more so. Writing to me is incredibly therapeutic and is an amazing form of expression.
When I write, whether it be pen to paper, or on my laptop, I really do feel like I am in another world and also that I have a whole nother world to express. Each and every topic that I choose to write about has great importance to me. There is so much that I feel I have to say and so much desire to share with the world in hopes to help someone find happiness, motivation, peace, hope, inspiration, being able to relate. I’m curious how other bloggers feel about this quote, does it also apply to you?
If you take a look around you, there are so many things that can spark inspiration and motivation in our everyday lives. Other individuals and the situations that we encounter in life all have ways of making an impact on us if we choose to let them.
The word inspiration means to be compelled or motivated to do something and the source of our inspiration can literally come from anywhere and anyone. Inspiration is an idea that sparks something within us and encourages us to act. Sometimes I actually seek inspiration and other times it just occurs naturally, in fact most of the time it’s the latter.
One of my biggest goals in life is to continuously strive to be the best possible version of myself that I can be. I am always striving for growth and to change and/or break habits and ways that no longer serve me. Constantly trying to better myself has brought me peace and has created a better balance and sense of harmony in my life. There are definitely days that I don’t feel as inspired, but somewhere down the line, something always sparks it again.
When I encounter a rough situation, or hurdle, I try to see how I can learn from it, what meaning that particular situation has for my life. Though difficult, I try to ask myself what is this challenging time trying to tell me? What am I to learn from this? Maybe I was to learn patience, acceptance, boundaries, whatever it may be, it inspires me to want to be and do better. Unfortunate circumstances can really bring someone down, it’s definitely happened to me before and still does, but I know how powerful the mind is…mind over matter.
Some of you may notice that when I blog, I tend to not put too much personal information into my work. When you read a blog post of mine, you will see some personal reference here and there, but overall I speak towards the general public. What may come as a surprise is that every single one of my blog posts is actually closely tied to me in some way. I indirectly talk about topics that either are happening, or did happen in my life. Each of my posts is a topic that has touched me in some way. My biggest inspiration for coming up with blog posts is to write about a recent situation, or encounter with someone else, these help me come up with blog post ideas.
Take some time to look around you. Take note of the people and situations you encounter, they often have a message for us. Keep an open mind and an open heart. Be inspired!
Each and every one of us has a life full of experiences and stories. We all have a story to tell of our journey as human beings. Our pasts are full of lessons, accomplishments, trials, sorrows, joys, and experiences. If we take the time to share and listen to other’s stories, we can learn so much from each other.
Writing is a form of art, a form of expression that is so beneficial to the one reading and to the writer themselves. Each of us has a story that we can learn from. Pick up a pen, colored pencils, a paintbrush and share a glimpse of your world with others, it could really help someone. A lot of times we may not know how to fully express ourselves, we may be fearful of judgement, or the reaction that we may get from others, but in all honesty, there is no right or wrong, just put the pen to paper and let it flow.
Others may feel differently, but I truly believe that each of us were meant to have a special path and journey that helps us become the strongest and best version of ourselves that we can be. I try to look at the trials and hardships as ways to grow even though sometimes they are hard to accept. The human experience presents challenges that we all face and some that are uniquely ours. Our stories and our voices are meant to be heard. Even the happiest, most positive people have a story, looks are very deceiving. If we are willing to open up, so many doors can then become open to us. There are so many people needing to hear our story for motivation, hope, guidance, inspiration, and to not feel alone.
No matter what the world has told you in the past or present, you matter and your voice matters. It is an amazing feeling for someone to benefit and be able to relate to what we have to say, this can even help us foster new relationships. Life is all about learning and discovering who we are and who we are meant to be, you have a lot to give to this world, so pick up a pen and see where it takes you!
A very special thank you to Mathew at http://blogofthewolfboy.com for nominating me for the Special Blogger Award!! He is an incredible writer and his words and posts truly speak to me. I am so honored to have been given this award. Please check out his work! Mathew thank you so much from the bottom of my heart and keep being amazing!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions you are asked (if you are comfortable doing so!)
- Create 10 questions for the bloggers that you have nominated
- Nominate at least 3 bloggers for the Special Blogger Award
- Comment on your nominees most recent blog post to let them know that you have nominated them
- Have fun!
Questions I was asked:
- You’re on your way to work and you see a yellow light ahead. Do you gun it and make the light, or cautiously wait for the red? I am absolutely gunning it LOL. Of course safety is important, so this could change based on the situation.
- A burglar has broken into your building right now. What’s the closest object you use as a weapon? I hope to never be in this situation, but I would use a chair – it can be thrown, or use to whack someone.
- You have just discovered that you can freeze time. What’s the first thing that you do with this power? I would go enjoy life and all of the people in it, I do this anyway, but I could live life even fuller without time being an issue. If I could go back in time, I would see my beloved Grandparents. God Bless them.
- What’s a habit you have, or a thing you do which others might consider weird? Probably everything LOL, but I am always wrapped up in a blanket, even in the hot days of summer. I love to feel cozy.
- What’s a song that you like, but you’re embarrassed to admit it? I am not embarrassed to admit this, but I do enjoy most kinds of music including Celtic and music from all countries even though I can’t understand the words.
- What’s one skill you’d love to learn, but just haven’t devoted the time to it? I have always wanted to learn the drums, piano, and also learn how to be a hip-hop dancer…very different extremes, I know.
- How do you deal with a stressful day? I enjoy some alone time to unwind, or spend time with family and friends. I like to walk, be in nature, take a hot shower/bath, watch TV, and write.
- Least favorite vegetable? I love almost all vegetables except water chestnuts…yes, that is a vegetable haha.
- Least favorite animal? I love all animals! Some I have to admire from afar because of fear LOL.
- If you’d won the lottery, would you share the jackpot with me? Absolutely! I would share the wealth. Hopefully you are predicting my future LOL.
Questions for the Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is one goal you would like to reach in 2019?
- What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
- How do you spend your free time?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
- What is a life lesson that you have learned and found to be the most valuable?
- If you could go back to any age, what age would that be and why?
- What are the words that best describe you?
- Do you have an introvert or extrovert personality?
Here it is, my first blog ever! I am so excited to be on this journey with you, I have a great passion for writing especially about life. I have a lot of life experience for my age and I have been in a lot of different situations. I would like to think of myself as caring, compassionate, and helpful. I love nature, writing, people, and learning about life. I feel like learning to navigate life is a never-ending ride!
Expect blogs on life in general, tips, inspiration, positivity, and blogs that I hope each of you can relate to in some way. My goal is to write posts that you feel are helpful, encouraging, and ones that make you feel like you aren’t the only one…we all need that reassurance every now and then! I know that I personally have turned to blogs, articles, and the Internet in general, I have found it to be such a great help for personal growth.
I really encourage you all, if you want of course, to comment on my posts and share your experiences and tips as well. We can all learn from each other. Please feel free to reach out and e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or connect with me on Instagram as well @lifeblogbyj. I really hope that you all will enjoy what’s to come, thank you so much for stopping by, I hope that you have enjoyed, and stay tuned…there’s a lot more to come!!!