Self-care is a word that we hear about often, yet something that many of us don’t remember to do as much as we should. We are so busy with life and we spend so much time taking care of others that we forget to take care of ourselves.
Life keeps us busy and we all have relationships and responsibilities that we must attend to and put energy towards. We may sometimes feel superhuman as we navigate daily challenges and tasks off of our to-do list. Often in the midst of things we forget that energy is not finite, it will run low if not preserved and boosted.
There are many ways and things that you can do to help with self-care, it all depends on what your likes and interests are. Self-care may be as simple as taking yourself out to dinner, getting a new haircut, getting a manicure/pedicure, gardening, cooking a good meal, playing sports, even choosing to stay in one evening to watch shows is self-care.
The importance of taking care of oneself is immense. Our minds and bodies are only capable of so much before we hit a slump, or even a breakdown, it’s very important to listen to your mind and body and to know when to slow down and take time for yourself. When you practice good self-care, you are physically and mentally at your best and you keep your cup full. It is only when you yourself are “full” that you are able to do your best in life and also give your best in life. We can’t possibly take care of others, or the demands of life without taking care of ourselves first! This is a reminder to do something that you love, something that makes you happy, something that helps you relax today!
What are you passionate about? Chances are, you have a hobby or pastime that truly brings you joy and allows you to grow as a person. Many common hobbies are writing, art, sports, fishing, collections, for example.
Your hobbies and interests may have changed since you were younger, but hopefully you have some sort of hobby or personal interest that really sets your soul on fire! Think of your favorite pastime and how it makes you feel. Think of how this hobby makes you feel like you and makes you feel complete. It’s very important to have something in life that you can always turn to and be excited about no matter what you are going through.
My absolute favorite hobby is writing! I’ve actually thoroughly enjoyed writing since I was a little girl. I’ve grown to love it even more so as an adult. Writing makes me feel so free and it helps me express myself and I have hopes that my work will help others in some way. I want to pass on the life lessons that I’ve learned. Thank you to Arushi for this blog post recommendation and all of your support! What are some of your favorite hobbies?
Fall is my absolute favorite season and it’s almost here! I am reminded of the beautiful leaves that change, the cool crisp air, the stillness that takes place before winter hits, the fall festivities and holidays, it’s just a magical time of year just like winter.
This morning was very crisp and I got up and put on some heavy clothing and fuzzy socks and I was in Heaven! There is such comfort found in being wrapped up and cozy, such a feeling of bliss to relax and feel warm. I love to curl up in a blanket with a hot cup of tea, or coffee. After a long hot summer, the cooler temperatures are always welcome and after the cold of winter we will be longing for the warm summer days again. What is your favorite season and what do you enjoy about it!?
How could something so small bring us so much joy? Yet, the simple and little things in life are what sometimes makes us the happiest. The smell of pumpkin pie reminding us of the holidays, the snow falling down, the sun on our face, a dessert, a sweet message from a friend, the little things in life bring us so much happiness.
My mom was making her delicious chocolate chip cookies the other day and I enjoyed every bit of them with a cold glass of milk. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite dessert ever, so simple, yet so delicious and amazing. I was thinking to myself how something as small as a cookie could bring so much joy and be such a pick-me-up. Often the little things in life are attached to memories, which makes them even more special. What is your favorite dessert? What are some of your favorite simple pleasures!?
I was nominated to participate in this lovely blog post and I am so glad because it’s been a lot of fun and has truly brought a smile to my face writing about all of my favorite feelings. I was nominated by M’bolla at http://youmattertolife.com. She is very talented and her posts are thought-provoking and well-written. M’bolla writes about many life topics, please check our her amazing work. The nominees that I have chosen are listed at the end of this blog post!
Simply list 10 of your favorite feelings and then pass on nominations to other bloggers!
Now for my 10 favorite feelings:
- Watching the rain fall – It is so incredibly relaxing to sit and watch the rain fall. I’ve always loved the rain so much, I love to watch it and to open the windows in the summer and let the smell of the rain come in.
- Laughing – A good laugh with loved ones is one of the best feelings in the world! It brings me so much happiness and is such a mood booster.
- Drinking a hot drink – I love this simply for the comfort and how it soothes the soul. I love to sit down and get cozy with a hot drink. It melts away stress and it is so relaxing.
- Affection – I love to love and be loved, I am sure many people do! I am a very affectionate person, I love to give hugs and cuddle up to my loved ones. Being around others lifts me up.
- Listening to music – Whether it’s putting on some old favorites to take me back, or listening to modern music, I love to play a good song. Music brings out so many emotions and feelings of well-being.
- Feeling the sun on my skin – It’s like being wrapped up in a warm blanket, I love the sun on my skin. It brings me so much happiness, especially when I take a walk in nature, extra wonderful if I am barefoot!
- Driving with the windows down – I really enjoy the feeling of having the air hit my face as I drive. Even in the winter, you will sometimes find me with the heat on and my windows cracked open a little.
- Walking in the snow – The crunch of the snow under my feet, hearing the snow fall softly around me, and breathing that fresh cold air. There is something so peaceful about the snow, it’s pure bliss.
- Experiencing growth – The feeling that emerges once you have overcome an obstacle, or been through a challenge in life is amazing. To experience growth really is so powerful.
- Taking a hot bath or shower – So relaxing and refreshing. A good way to unwind and clear your mind. There’s something so therapeutic about warmth and being surrounded by water.
Don’t feel obligated to participate! This is just something fun and to promote engagement within the blogging community. Take care all and thank you as always for reading!