Self-care is a word that we hear about often, yet something that many of us don’t remember to do as much as we should. We are so busy with life and we spend so much time taking care of others that we forget to take care of ourselves.
Life keeps us busy and we all have relationships and responsibilities that we must attend to and put energy towards. We may sometimes feel superhuman as we navigate daily challenges and tasks off of our to-do list. Often in the midst of things we forget that energy is not finite, it will run low if not preserved and boosted.
There are many ways and things that you can do to help with self-care, it all depends on what your likes and interests are. Self-care may be as simple as taking yourself out to dinner, getting a new haircut, getting a manicure/pedicure, gardening, cooking a good meal, playing sports, even choosing to stay in one evening to watch shows is self-care.
The importance of taking care of oneself is immense. Our minds and bodies are only capable of so much before we hit a slump, or even a breakdown, it’s very important to listen to your mind and body and to know when to slow down and take time for yourself. When you practice good self-care, you are physically and mentally at your best and you keep your cup full. It is only when you yourself are “full” that you are able to do your best in life and also give your best in life. We can’t possibly take care of others, or the demands of life without taking care of ourselves first! This is a reminder to do something that you love, something that makes you happy, something that helps you relax today!
I am beyond honored to accept the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award! I was kindly nominated by the lovely and talented Fen at http://thoughtsbyawallflower.wordpress.com. She has great work, please stop by when you get the chance. Fen writes about many topics all pertaining to life. She has been so kind and supportive and her content is a joy to read!
Here are the Rules:
- Thank the person that nominated you, with a link to their blog
- Make a post of the award (with a photo)
- Post the rules
- Ask 5-10 questions of your choice
- Nominate 10-30 other bloggers
My Responses to Fen’s Questions:
1) What is your goal in life? I have several, but my main goal in life is to spread love wherever I go. I want to touch the life of every person I meet in some way no matter how small.
2) What is your favorite memory? There are so many great memories, some of my absolute favorites are childhood memories spent with family, including holiday gatherings and special occasions. I love being surrounded by family.
3) What is your favorite life lesson? To trust in timing. It’s so hard to be patient when you want something in life, but as the years go on, I can see life unfolding like a puzzle, I’ve seen this on more than one occasion. I truly believe that timing is everything, if it’s meant for you, it will find its way at the right time.
4) What do you want to be remembered as? Someone who is loyal, trustworthy, and someone that is always there for people. I truly care so much about helping others.
5) What is your biggest regret? I don’t really have any regrets because I feel that things happen for a reason. One thing that I would have liked in my younger years is to not have let shyness stop me from great opportunities. As an adult, I am very outgoing, yet reserved as well.
My Questions to the Nominees:
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- What was your motivation to become a blogger?
- What is your goal for 2020?
- What are three words that best describe you?
- What is your best piece of advice about life?
Congratulations on being nominated for the Vincent Ehindero Blogger Award! I truly admire your work. Participating is completely your choice, keep up the great work and let’s continue to spread love to our blogging community!