Winter time is upon us now and the days have become shorter as the night takes over so much sooner now. We stay cozy inside as the cold air blows around outside. In a matter of time snow will start to fall to the ground. Whether you are busy at home, or relaxing on the couch watching TV, these winter must-haves will keep you feeling warm and cozy all winter long. An extra bonus!? These are also some great gift giving ideas! So here there are:
- A warm robe
- Fuzzy socks
- A PJ top and bottom set
- A cozy, warm sweater
- Warm slippers
- A beanie or other hat
- A scarf
- An oversized t-shirt for layering
There are many holidays coming up for people of all different countries and religions, no matter what you are celebrating, there is usually a main reason, or purpose as to why the holiday occurs. Sometimes we may lose sight of that as we decorate, buy gifts, spend time with loved ones, but if we take a moment to honor the reason why we celebrate this holiday, it can help us keep in touch with our roots. The holidays are a great reminder for us to help us remember who we are and where we came from, also the history of our culture and/or religion. Take the time this holiday season to dig deeper into the meaning of the holiday that you are celebrating!
As a young child, my parents would take us all out to see the Christmas lights around town. We would go to ones that you pay to drive through, like the public displays and we also would just take a drive around the neighborhoods looking at how magical all of the houses looked brightly decorated with color. These memories live deeply inside my mind and are some of my fondest holiday memories! There is nothing more amazing that driving or walking through the town on a cold winter night watching the beauty of the Christmas lights illuminate the world.
This holiday tradition was and still is one that we look forward to every year. It’s something so simple, yet brings so much joy to our family. We must make time to revisit the little things that bring us so much happiness. The holiday lights are so uplifting and bring back so many memories. For a moment you feel so small staring up at the display of lights and you just stand there in awe and peace and remember how magical the holidays are no matter what age you may be!
Good morning, I would love to connect with you all on social media! Below is my Instagram and I have some exciting news, I just created a brand new Twitter account for my blog! I look forward to connecting with you!!
Getting into the holiday spirit is very easy for some people and not so easy for others. This year presents a new challenge as we face a pandemic, a situation that we have not encountered in this lifetime. For some, this may mean that we don’t get to see our family for the holidays, for others this may mean that we have to add many precautions just to keep our family safe. The holidays in general can bring about so many emotions because of memories, lost loved ones, changing traditions, the holidays are also a very exciting time of year. If you find it hard to get into the holiday spirit this year, read on for a little nudge into joining in on the holiday cheer.
1) Decorate early! For me, I love to get excited about the holidays, I plan for them and decorate about a month in advance just so that I can sit back and enjoy the beautiful decorations and the calmness and happiness that it brings me. There’s nothing like getting into the holiday spirit than putting up some festive decorations!
2) Watch Holiday Movies – I love to tune into The Hallmark Channel during the holidays to get my fill of some of the best holidays movies around, new and old. I also enjoy watching other movies on TV and putting in some old holiday movies that take me back to my childhood. It is a great way to get lost in the holiday magic!
3) Wear festive clothing – Get out your festive clothes! Decorate your nails, put on your favorite, comfy and cozy holiday PJs, your fuzzy socks, your ugly Christmas sweater, better yet do this while watching some holiday movies!
4) Make holiday foods – Have a favorite dish that always reminds you of the holidays? Make that dish! Bake and cook and really enjoy some good holiday food that takes you back to the holidays you once enjoyed as a kid. Our memories and emotions are strongly tied to things that bring back happy memories in us, even the scent of our favorite food is enough to bring about happiness.
We are living in hard times, go easy on yourself if you do not feel the holiday excitement just yet, or this year, as hard as it may be, try to enjoy what you do have and make the holidays as special as you can!